Identifying financial sector sentiment, primarily through the financial news, is crucial in financial investment decisions. Financial Sentiment Analysis (FSA) significantly affects the secondary market and provides a significant contribution. Long Short-Term Memory (LSTM) is a deep learning model, especially Recurrent Neural Network (RNN), a reasonably popular model designed for long-term constraints. Various methods have been proposed in previous studies, but the performance generated by the model in previous studies is still below 90%, so it has the opportunity to be improved. This study aims to present a sentiment analysis model by implementing the RNN-LSTM. The results showed that the model used for sentiment analysis of financial news reached 92.23% precision, 91.54% accuracy, 90.99% recall, and an f1 score of 91.61%. The model we built is helpful for understanding trends and opinions for making financial and other investment decisions.
Kelvin Leonardi Kohsasih
Universitas Potensi Utama
B. Herawan Hayadi
Universitas Potensi Utama
- J. María Ruiz-Martínez, R. Valencia-García, and F. GarcíaSánchez, “Semantic-Based Sentiment analysis in financial news.” [Online]. Available: http://project-first.eu/
- C. Yuan et al., “Target-based Sentiment Annotation in Chinese Financial News,” in Proceedings of the 12th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2020), 2020, pp. 5040–5045.
- S. Krishnamoorthy, “Sentiment analysis of financial news articles using performance indicators,” Knowl Inf Syst, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 373–394, Aug. 2018, doi: 10.1007/s10115-017-1134-1.
- M. Thelwall and G. Paltoglou, “A Study of Information Retrieval Weighting Schemes for Sentiment Analysis. A study of Information Retrieval weighting schemes for sentiment analysis,” in Proceedings of the 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2010, pp. 1386–1395.
- Dr. G. S. N. Murthy, Shanmukha Rao Allu, Bhargavi Andhavarapu, and Mounika Bagadi, Mounika Belusonti, “Text based Sentiment Analysis using LSTM,” International Journal of
Engineering Research and, vol. V9, no. 05, May 2020, doi: 10.17577/IJERTV9IS050290.
- X. Man, T. Luo, and J. Lin, “Financial Sentiment Analysis(FSA): A Survey,” in 2019 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Cyber Physical Systems (ICPS), May 2019, pp. 617–622. doi: 10.1109/ICPHYS.2019.8780312.
- S. Kelly and K. Ahmad, “The impact of news media and affect in financial markets,” in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2015, vol. 9375 LNCS, pp. 535–
540. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-24834-9_62.
- S. Bharathi and A. Geetha, “Sentiment analysis for effective stock market prediction,” International Journal of Intelligent Engineering and Systems, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 146–154, Jun. 2017, doi: 10.22266/ijies2017.0630.16.
- Y. Ren, F. Liao, and Y. Gong, “Impact of News on the Trend of Stock Price Change: an Analysis based on the Deep Bidirectiona LSTM Model,” in Procedia Computer Science, 2020, vol. 174, pp. 128–140. doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2020.06.068.
- R. Fernandez, B. Palma Guizar, and C. Rho, “A sentiment-based risk indicator for the Mexican financial sector,” Latin American Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2, no. 3, p. 100036, Sep. 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.latcb.2021.100036.
- Z. Yangsen, J. Yuru, and T. Yixuan, “Study of sentiment classification for Chinese Microblog based on recurrent neural network,” Chinese Journal of Electronics, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 601– 607, Jul. 2016, doi: 10.1049/cje.2016.07.002.
- M. Wongkar and A. Angdresey, “Sentiment Analysis Using Naive Bayes Algorithm Of The Data Crawler: Twitter,” Oct. 2019. doi: 10.1109/ICIC47613.2019.8985884.
- Y. Ma, H. Peng, and E. Cambria, “Targeted Aspect-Based Sentiment Analysis via Embedding Commonsense Knowledge into an Attentive LSTM,” 2018. [Online]. Available:
- Imamah, Husni, E. Malasari Rachman, I. Oktavia Suzanti, and F. Ayu Mufarroha, “Text Mining and Support Vector Machine for Sentiment Analysis of Tourist Reviews in Bangkalan Regency,” J Phys Conf Ser, vol. 1477, no. 2, p. 022023, Mar. 2020, doi:
- J. Xue, K. Liu, Z. Lu, and H. Lu, “Analysis of Chinese comments on Douban based on naive bayes,” in ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, Aug. 2019, pp. 121–124. doi:
- A. Dhiman and D. Kumar, “Sentiment Analysis Approach based N-gram and KNN Classifier,” 2018.
- A. Pamuji, “Performance of the K-Nearest Neighbors Method on Analysis of Social Media Sentiment,” JUISI, vol. 07, no. 01, 2021.
- M. Ihsan, Benny Sukma Negara, and Surya Agustian, “LSTM (Long Short Term Memory) for Sentiment COVID-19 Vaccine Classification on Twitter,” Digital Zone: Jurnal Teknologi Informasi dan Komunikasi, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 79–89, May 2022, doi: 10.31849/digitalzone.v13i1.9950.
- P. Cen, K. Zhang, and D. Zheng, “Sentiment Analysis Using Deep Learning Approach,” Journal on Artificial Intelligence, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 17–27, 2020, doi: 10.32604/jai.2020.010132.
- P. F. Muhammad, R. Kusumaningrum, and A. Wibowo,
“Sentiment Analysis Using Word2vec and Long Short-Term
Memory (LSTM) for Indonesian Hotel Reviews,” in Procedia
Computer Science, 2021, vol. 179, pp. 728–735. doi:
- F. Miedema and S. Bhulai, “Sentiment Analysis with Long ShortTerm Memory networks,” Aug. 2018.
- A. C. M. V. Srinivas, Ch. Satyanarayana, Ch. Divakar, and K. P. Sirisha, “Sentiment Analysis using Neural Network and LSTM,” IOP Conf Ser Mater Sci Eng, vol. 1074, no. 1, p. 012007, Feb. 2021, doi: 10.1088/1757-899x/1074/1/012007.
- C. Toraman, E. H. Yilmaz, F. Şahinuç, and O. Ozcelik, “Impact of Tokenization on Language Models: An Analysis for Turkish,” Apr. 2022, [Online]. Available: http://arxiv.org/abs/2204.08832
- Sugiyarto, J. Eliyanto, N. Irsalinda, and M. Fitrianawati, “Fuzzy sentiment analysis using convolutional neural network,” in AIP Conference Proceedings, Feb. 2021, vol. 2329. doi:
- N. G. Ramadhan and T. I. Ramadhan, “Analysis Sentiment Based on IMDB Aspects from Movie Reviews using SVM,” Sinkron, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 39–45, Jan. 2022, doi: 10.33395/sinkron.v7i1.11204.
- O. B. Deho, W. A. Agangiba, F. L. Aryeh, and J. A. Ansah, “Sentiment analysis with word embedding,” in IEEE International Conference on Adaptive Science and Technology, ICAST, Oct. 2018, vol. 2018-August. doi: 10.1109/ICASTECH.2018.8506717.
- A. Patel and A. K. Tiwari, “Sentiment Analysis by using Recurrent Neural Network,” in INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCED COMPUTING AND SOFTW ARE ENGINEERING , 2019, pp. 108–111. [Online]. Available: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3349572
- Z. G. Zhou, “Research on Sentiment Analysis Model of Short Text Based on Deep Learning,” Sci Program, vol. 2022, pp. 1–7, May 2022, doi: 10.1155/2022/2681533.
- C. Nwankpa, W. Ijomah, A. Gachagan, and S. Marshall, “Activation Functions: Comparison of trends in Practice and Research for Deep Learning,” pp. 1–20, 2018, [Online]. Available:
- S. Sharma, S. Sharma, and A. Athaiya, “Activation Functions in Neural Networks,” International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, vol. 04, no. 12, pp. 310–316, 2020, doi: 10.33564/ijeast.2020.v04i12.054.
K. L. Kohsasih, B. H. Hayadi, Robet, C. Juliandy, O. Pribadi and Andi, "Sentiment Analysis for Financial News Using RNN-LSTM Network," 2022 4th International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent System (ICORIS), Prapat, Indonesia, 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICORIS56080.2022.10031595.
2022 4th International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent System (ICORIS)
Copyright (c) IEEE Xplore